MRP for Day and/or Golden Geckos?

DLLNP

3 Year Member
Hello everyone!

I currently have a crested gecko which I have had for since late 2007, and I am starting to get the feeling I need to had to my tiny collection
icon_biggrin.gif
I live in a small apartment... and on the budget of a university student so the fact that Jaxson (my crestie) thrives so well on CGD alone is a huge bonus.

So if I were to buy another gecko I would really like it to be similar in terms of nutritional requirements as Jaxson. I know gargoyle geckos are the same so I may end up going in that direction but I wanted to see if anyone has any opinions on other geckos that can mainly thrive on MRP's such as repashy or pangea.

I have read that Golden geckos and/or Day geckos can eat MRP (rephasy even has a day gecko specific one) but my question is how often should insects also be supplemented into their diets? I also saw that rephasy has a "grub n fruit" MRP that contains insect meal... has anyone has experience with that?

Here is a few pictures of Jax and his vivarium btw!

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Photo 2015-08-29, 1 26 44 PM.jpg
    Photo 2015-08-29, 1 26 44 PM.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Jaxson.jpg
    Jaxson.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 16

PAKxolotl

Gargoyle if you want it to be handleable. Goldens and Days are usually to skittish to hold. But if all you want is a beautiful pet to look at then either would be suitable

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I feed MRP or equivalent to my cresties, gargs, leachie and 2 day geckos (P. laticauda and P. klemmeri) three times a week. They also (except for the leachie who doesn't like them) get crickets twice a week.

Aliza

DLLNP

3 Year Member
Thanks for the replies!

I not too big on handling my reptiles so being skittish is no worries for me @PAKxolotl

Great! I think I can handle insects once or twice a week, I was just hoping to avoid going through a ton of insects in a daily basis. @acpart

Visit our friends