my first S.I.M. hatch.....

strophurus

Hello.

After reading a lot of this Product, i thought to test this for my self as well.

First of it, i just tested it with putting in a single amel fattail egg and observed the incubation period exactly.
After seeing that the egg developed well in that box, i just put in some others, but not all of my clutches.

this morning the first single egg i put in hatched out well and looked very good.

the black plastic stuff you see in, i just put in to make sure that the fresh layed eggs don´t roll around, because one thing i have to mention is, that the space you can put the rows, is sometimes to big and others to small for some eggs, so i have to make sure myself and put those simple black plastic stuff in to fix the eggs.

you will see 2 eggs in there which one is a little denting ( close to the hatchling ), i don´t know exactly why, but i say myself, that will happen, not every egg is doing fine ( i don´t use a hovabator, so i know those problems because i read about that ).

the other egg who does not look so good, i took out of the normal incubation after seeing it went not so good, but i think it will also get not good anyway.
but that´s the normal thing during a breeding season, not every egg will be good during that time.

i use perlite in the SIM with a little more water, than the normal way of incubation.

Soon i will try this with some of my Australian Gecko eggs, but with the more comon species first :)

regards stefan

DSC07711.jpg

DSC07712.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Congratulations. I have hatched 3 fat tails so far in my SIM and am waiting for my first leopard gecko hatchling any day now.

Aliza

strophurus

Thanks for the nice words.

I still hatched out some more fattails and also my first australian gecko ( strophurus taenicauda ) in the SIM container.
It seems to be a good alternative for me compared to the other normal incubation methods.
I still test this for myself this season and until now i just can say it works for me very good.
thanks so far.
regards stefan

Visit our friends