My gecko is limping

New gecko mom

Help! My juvenile leopard geck os limping. She was fine a few days ago and now she is limping on her front left leg. She is about 6 months old I assume. I feed her crickets and occasionally meal worms. Ive had them about a month and just started dusting their food 2 days ago but the crickets are being fed a high calcium diet. Also I was told they did not need a UVB light because they are nocturnal. Am I doing something wrong or coukd she/he (not sure yet) have gotten hurt

Attachments

• 20201025_221123.jpg
    20201025_221123.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The picture of the gecko doesn't show any signs of metabolic bone disease (where you would see the legs looking kind of rubbery and not really holding the gecko's weight). I have no idea why it's limping. It could have caught its leg funny or something; it's hard to know. I think I may have had a hatchling that somehow broke its leg but it healed well on its own. The supplements (calcium and vitamin D3) take the place of UVB. If it doesn't get better and you're really concerned, consider a visit to a reptile vet.

Aliza

New gecko mom

The picture of the gecko doesn't show any signs of metabolic bone disease (where you would see the legs looking kind of rubbery and not really holding the gecko's weight). I have no idea why it's limping. It could have caught its leg funny or something; it's hard to know. I think I may have had a hatchling that somehow broke its leg but it healed well on its own. The supplements (calcium and vitamin D3) take the place of UVB. If it doesn't get better and you're really concerned, consider a visit to a reptile vet.

Aliza
Thank you! I will watch for a few days and see if it worsens or gets better. I was praying it wasn't MBD but I had them for about a month now and this was only happening since 2 days ago.

Visit our friends