My gecko pooped? an egg out?..HELP PLZ

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Well about a week ago i noticed my aberrant female ovulating (she still had not been with a male) so i went ahead and put a male in with her. A couple of days later i can see an egg beginning to form. Now i was just in the gecko room fixing some things when i noticed she defecated like normal but she "layed or defecated" an egg too. The egg is very very "squishy"..not like a fresh laid egg..its like a very soggy paintball (if anyone has ever felt one)..here is a picture..can anyone explain what this is? or why it happened? Or is it just an infertile egg?

Thanks,
Alex

Pic:
101_1175.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Probably an infertile egg. Often they seem to know when the egg isn't fertile and treat it like poop. Some of the first-timers are also not too sure what's happening. Maybe now that the male is with her the next set will be fertile.

Aliza

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
I notice alot of first clutchs contain infertiles, especially if the female was bred late (not noticing ovulating). I would assume that egg is a dud and hopefully she will lay fertiles, but i would rebred her to your male in a day or so.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Yes i noticed she was ovulating late and she is a first time breeder as well. I figured it was an infertile egg but just wanted to post it on here so i could get a second opinion.

Thanks for the speedy responses.

-Alex

Visit our friends