my geckos way more convient diet

thegeckoguy23

Ok i have beem frustrated with one of my geckos that has not eatin a meal worms he did not eat a worm senice i got him 4 yrs ago and he now eats meal worms not in the dish tho but sadly my other gecko that eats meal worms stoped

STUTFL

:D

So your problem is that one of your leos who is currently on crickets won't eat mealworms out of a dish, and that your other leo has stopped eating mealworms altogether?

Once you've made sure the usual things like temperature are okay, you might want to simply try a different feeder for a while? Superworms are larger and more active, your geckos might find them more appetizing and you won't have to use as many per feeding.

Or you could just leave the mealworms in the dish for a few days and see if your gecko gets hungry enough.

thegeckoguy23

well one of my gecko is fine and one well only eat crickets witch is very anoying and the temps are good and the gecko well not eat anything but crickets

STUTFL

Some geckos are just picky. Like I said, first wait a few days to see if he's just not hungry enough. Crickets are more mobile, the mealies may just not move enough.

If he simply won't touch them, some pet stores carry superworms. If you can't find them locally, you can order a fairly small amount online to see if either of your leos are interested. Variety is always good. :)

dean

Out of 26 juv and adults, only 10 enjoy mealworms. The rest will usually eat them if they get hungry enough. They ALL hit supers every time, I try to feed appropriately sized supers from 10 grams up. I have never had any of mine refuse supers for more than maybe one missed feeding, by the next they readily take them again. I am now breeding supers. Can't get winter shipments that aren't 90% doa, and i always have the right size for hatchlings. You should try them.

Visit our friends