My new Mourning Gecko Trio

Aquarimax

My daughters and I made a short video of the intro of our new geckos into the viv. This was on August 2nd. We purchased them from Styx on this forum, who happens to live about 1/2 hour from us. (Thanks again for the geckos and all the help!)

Aquarimax

So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

I have a couple more photos to add. The first is one of my gecko girls basking in the viv. The others are of a mourning gecko that entered my bathroom in La'ie, Hawaii, probably somewhere around 2006-2007, and of some gecko eggs (possibly another species) in a crevice in a palm tree near Waimea Bay, from around the same time.

View attachment 1666 View attachment 1667 View attachment 1667 basking.JPG MourningGecko1.jpg MourningGecko2.jpg geckoeggs.jpg

Aquarimax

No problem! Have you heard them chirp yet?
I thought I heard them chirping last night, but then I realized it was probably the African Dwarf frog in the tank above the viv...to continuous a sound for geckos, I think. I'll keep listening for them, though. They're definitely getting the hang of the viv and eating with more gusto.

Geckomaster743

Wow how did I not see this post! Thats really cool, I actually haven't heard from Styx recently so good to hear about all of this, How are the geckos doing * Been so busy with school to try and catch up with every one c: *

Aquarimax

Wow how did I not see this post! Thats really cool, I actually haven't heard from Styx recently so good to hear about all of this, How are the geckos doing * Been so busy with school to try and catch up with every one c: *

Speaking of Styx, I saw her and some of her lovely geckos at the Wasatch Reptile Expo on Sept. 28th.
The geckos are doing really well. They've probably doubled in mass since I got them in early August, and I hear them chirp frequently. I can see their calcium sacs. They seem somewhat reluctant to enter glass containers to eat fruit flies, which is strange, since they were doing that more readily when I first got them. They lap up the Repashy CGD like nobody's business, though, and it seems to be providing them with the nutrients they need. At the expo I bought some Pangea Gecko diet and another one...Clark's maybe?...to try as well. Haven't used the new diets yet, but soon I'll start mixing small amounts of them into the Repashy so they become accustomed to the new taste.

Geckomaster743

Really sorry for the late response again, I'm usually really busy in the week. But Im glad to hear that Styx is doing good, Fill me in on how a former GT member is doing :) But yeah, Glad to hear that you're geckos are growing! Has Styx given you any recommendations on habitat builds? She has an amazing photo gallery of her putting together some things for a new crested Habitat, and Nice pick with the Repashy vitamins they're a really good Gecko brand :)

Star1

My cresties absolutely LOVE the Pangea diet! Empty dishes every time I give it to them, but only 1 would eat any of the Clark's and then only about half of it.

Aquarimax

I've had 5 healthy hatchlings so far, expecting two more soon. Any ideas on when I can put the young back with the parents? The oldest are about 3.5 months old and 1/2 the size of the parent.

Last edited:

Aquarimax

I ended putting the larger hatchlings in with the parents, as they were about 75-80% the size of the adults, and probably would have been a threat to the new hatchlings. They are all doing great!

Visit our friends