My Taningma is about to shed?

minguela

Hi, my Tangerine Enigma is my first LG and I'm in the learning process with her. Yesterday I noticed that her colors are opaque. Not as clear as when she arrived. That is signals that she is about to shed? After she end the process of shedding, the colors are going to be better? Did anybody could share some before and after pictures of this? Here are some pictures I took yesterday to show you the colors. Like always, Thanks for your advice. This forum is better than read books.:main_laugh:

Last edited:

ajveachster

She looks rather young. Usually the younger ones shed more often than adults because they are growing faster. A typical adult will shed once a month or so. You may want to provide a moist/humid hide while shedding to help the process. Also, when she is done you will want to check for any stuck shed. If she has any stuck shed you can usually use a moist q-tip to help remove it.

minguela

She looks rather young. Usually the younger ones shed more often than adults because they are growing faster. A typical adult will shed once a month or so. You may want to provide a moist/humid hide while shedding to help the process. Also, when she is done you will want to check for any stuck shed. If she has any stuck shed you can usually use a moist q-tip to help remove it.

Yes she is young. She have 3 months and 21g today. When she arrived last week she only weight 17g. She's been pounding Crickets and Dubia daily since she arrived. I hope that she could pass the process well, I been reading about that and I a little worried because the other experiences. The humid hide is already in the tank, and she start to explore it tonight.

S

SDahmer

If she put on that weight in a week I'd say she's doing great. I'd say shes past the initial acclimation.

OneFootedAce

yup, going into shed. Since its early, she still looks young so they do shed more frequently, because they grow faster. Its a good sign usually if they shed frequently, it means their gaining weight :)
Heres a pic of my tangerine enigma before and after shed :
Before:
GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

After shed:
tangEaftershed2.jpg

tangEaftershed.jpg

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
I agree with the others, but I mainly wanted to post to tell you that you have a GORGEOUS gecko.

Those eyes are AMAZING.
WOW.

I know what my next leo is going to be!!!

Where did you get her?:D

reptinut

How often geckos shed depends on how old the gecko is. As a rule of thumb as geckos get older they shed less frewuently. I have a female normal who when i first got her at 4 month of age, shed every 2 weeks. Now, she is about 2 1/2 years old and sheds every month and a half or so.

minguela

I agree with the others, but I mainly wanted to post to tell you that you have a GORGEOUS gecko.

Those eyes are AMAZING.
WOW.

I know what my next leo is going to be!!!

Where did you get her?
:D

Thanks Chewbecca, I also love her eyes very much. I found her on classified on kingsnake.

Wow! That's one beautiful gecko! His eyes look like the eye of Sauron in the Lord of the Ring movies. <3
That was the first thing that go to my mind when she arrived. Also my son told me to put that name to the Gecko, but I told him that Sauron is not a name for a girl.:main_rolleyes: Well, he name her Peach.

Thanks everybody for your comments. Here are a couple of pictures I took after the shedding. The coloration really improve.

She shed very fast overnight. I didn't have the opportunity to see the process, maybe next time.

3821367395_615f948e2f.jpg

3821366285_8399eb6883.jpg

3822175596_b2c2f27c9f.jpg

3822174530_f3738e2410.jpg

Visit our friends