Need advice, something's wrong with my Leopard Gecko's vent

Riddle

Hello, I'm new and I need to know weather I need to take my Gecko to the vet or not since money is a bit tight

about 3 weeks ago I saw that my Gecko's vent was swollen and there were 2 brown solid objects sticking out of opposite sides of his vent. One object was larger then the other and that side is more swollen.

Something similar happened months ago except it was one large object seemingly blocking her vent and I gave him regular soaks and tried to massage them out for a week before taking him to a vet. The Vet said it was excretion from an infection that had hardened in his vent and gave me medication and managed to get the mass out and he eventually went back to normal. I mention this as it's similar to this current issue but not the same

I've been giving him soaks for 3 weeks as his vent wasn't completely blocked this time and one the objects eventually but I don't what it is and whether I need to take him to the vet again. I can provide more pictures and information if need be

20230316_230711.jpg 20230318_121354.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Some male leopard geckos retain their sperm plugs and it gets really large. Usually it's white and not the color it is in the picture. Sometimes a male gecko's hemipenis comes out and can't come back in, but that's not what it looks like either. I recommend you take the gecko to the vet, but also work with the vet to figure out what to do if it happens again. Find out the following:
--how to evert the hemipenis (I regularly evert [make it come out] the hemipenis of my male geckos so I can remove the sperm plugs after I had a gecko who retained them)
--Exactly what the current thing sticking out is, and confirmation that it's OK to remove these if they appear again,

Aliza

Riddle

Thank you for the advice. It seems like it's hard to confidently Identify so I'll probably make an appointment today or tomorrow.

Visit our friends