Need Leopard Gecko Breeding Advice

White Shaq

I'm a first time leopard gecko breeder and I got my geckos to mate and I saw eggs in my female but she did not lay them. I gave her an egg laying box and gave her lots of calcium but she did not lay them. I was just wondering does the lay box need to be a certain temperature or is threr some special thing I would need to do with her enclosure. She is kept around 80 degrees and is in a 15 gallo0n tank. Any leopard gecko breeding advice would be greatly appreciated.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
There are a lot of factors and possibilities:
--How long ago did they mate?
--Are you sure you saw eggs and not the pink spheres that are signs of ovulation?
--Are you still seeing eggs?

Sometimes what looks like eggs are fat pads. Sometimes the female takes weeks longer to lay than we think she should. Sometimes either the female or the male or both aren't fertile. Probably the best thing to do is to breed them again if she'll tolerate it and then be prepared to wait. That's the hardest part about leopard gecko breeding!

Aliza

White Shaq

They mated twice. She is not digging anymore which I took to mean she does not have fertile eggs. Thanks for the advice.

Visit our friends