New Gex Papa in VA

dmward

Big Dumb Bear
Hi There, I'm Doug. I am new to keeping Leopard Gecko's but I have been keeping small reptiles, and all manner of aquaria since I can remember. I in the process of establishing a most excellent terrarium for a trio of female geckos. I am staring with a 48 x 18 75 gal aqaurium. I am outfitting that with 11" flex watt heat tape for 24" and provide 5 dry hides, and at least 2 humid hides. Will probably use papertowels for awhile, but I am considering astroturf for the substrate.

I have been reading the forums here for about a week waiting for my membership to be approved. (Thanks Kelli :D ). And I have really gotten excited about these little guys and all the info here on the forum.

I was planning on getting my geckos from a local pet store or even one the big chains. But after reading here for awhile I have decided to definitely buy geckos from a couple of the breeders on here.

I hope that I'll be able to add some valuable input and I definitely hope I'll be able to avoid many of the pitfalls that go along with keeping an pet!!

Bodon

Well you sound like you're leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of people who just jump into the world of owning a leopard gecko.

C

CritterCrue

Hi Doug, Welcome to the forums. I am new myself here. Where bout in VA are you? I am from Virginia Beach.

dmward

Big Dumb Bear
After reading here for awhile I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone here from the VA/DC area. It's nice to have a neighbor!!!

Visit our friends