new house mate?

earls413

I thought about purchasing a new baby female gecko to put in with my adult male gecko. But I'm scared. How do u introduce them I don't want a dead or injured gecko. Do I need to quarantine etc.. help

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, you need to quaraqntine for at least a month.

Here are some other things you need to think about:
-- a baby or juvenile with an adult or any 2 geckos that are very different sizes (though I find personally that there are some exceptions to size differential as long as both are adults) will not work out: the smaller one will be bullied or injured
--a male and a female will breed. If you're prepared for breeding, the female needs to be at least 9 months old and weigh at least 50 grams. If you're not prepared for breeding it will happen if you put a male and a female together.

All in all, I think you should consider getting a new tank for the female.

Aliza

earls413

Thanxs for responding. I wasn't too worried about them breading I think that would be cool. I was worried about injury or death. I've heard that two males would kill each other.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, 2 males will kill each other. As long as you quarantine the new female, don't put her in with the male until she is 9 months and 50 grams and are prepared for breeding with the proper supplies etc. you'll be good to go.

ALiza

Visit our friends