New leo mama!

labrythsmama

So, this is Labryth! I purchased my little baby leo on monday, 3.10.14, brought her home, set up her tank, and then allowed her to do her own thing. I have tried feeding her but, she has no interest in eating. Also, for the passed day she's been in her hide. She Seems active and content because she does reposition herself frequently but, im worried with her being so small and young that she's not getting what she needs. I could just be overreacting with being a new leo mom but, I'd rather be safe than sorry. So help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
She's very cute. If that's sand in the cage, I recommend you replace it with something that's not particles like paper towel or ceramic tile. Even people who keep geckos on sand don't keep babies on sand. It often takes a bit of time for the gecko to get used to a new place before it eats. Read some leopard gecko caresheets by googling "leopard gecko care sheet" and make sure you have the right temperatures and number of hides. Enjoy him/her.

Aliza

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I second the recommendation of no sand. You can also ask around here and we can help with any questions you might have. That's a great looking leopard though! Congrats on the new addition to your family! :)

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I've combined your threads into one so it's easier to read :)

Congrats on the new addition though and welcome to GeckoTalk! We're glad to have you as part of our community! Give her time to get settled in her new home. She will get hungry and when she does, she'll eat plenty!

Visit our friends