New Leo owner need some good shop sites

D

daisy28

I am super new at Leopard Geckos and there are a lot of things I would like to pick up or upgrade for my little guy. We live about 40 miles from the nearest large pet store and our local pet store guy is super expensive because he has no competition in the area.

Are there any good reptile shop sites that have decent prices and shipping rates for Leopard Gecko necessities?

I'm wanting to buy a new UTH, probably new red light, some hides.. I'm rambling... :D Just a good site with all the Leopard Gecko needs.

Thanks in advance!

adam&nikki

oh ebay has saved my life a few times lol but you just have to watch the shipping rates thou ive seen a hide on there for a penny but the shipping was 50 dollars so you just have to be careful y not check craiglist ive found meny great deals there

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here are some tricks that help with online purchases:

--try to figure out everything you need and get it all at once from the same place, if possible, which will save on shipping costs since there is always a base cost for a single item

--make a chart of each of the sites suggested (and Ebay as well, if you want). Get the prices of each item from each site and go through the motions of making a purchase so you can get shipping costs. Add everything up and go with the best deal. Sometimes a site has more expensive items but cheaper shipping costs.

--when I shop on ebay I'm looking for deals so I try to get items where the total item price + shipping cost is the same as the price per item without shipping at the online stores. For example, the Zoo-med mini UTH's are about $11 on lllreptile without shipping (or at least they were, I haven't looked lately). When I bid on Ebay for them I"m looking to get one for $11 shipped. I've been pretty successful as long as I resist the temptation to keep upping my bid.

Aliza

Visit our friends