New Vendor questions

ThisnThatExotics

Hello! This season has gone great for me this year, and I’m planning on vending my very first expo in August. I do have a few questions though. I’ve started to get all the supplies I’ll need for the show, such as a banner, backdrop, lights, tablecloth, deli cups w/ lids, creature care cards, and more.

My first question is is there anything that you bring with you to shows that someone may not think about? I’m pretty sure I got a good grasp on the basic supplies I need, but if there’s anything in particular you can think of I’d love to hear it!

Second, when do you pack up reptiles to go to the show? The show I’m going to is about a 40 minute drive from my house so luckily that’s nice. Should I pack up my leopard geckos the night before, or the morning of? Do they need any supplemental heat while they are packed up/at the show? I will be making sure there deli cups are spotless, but is there any other care requirements I should keep in mind while at the expo?

Third is what do you use to process credit card payments? I’ve been interested in square, but I’ve heard that some other breeders have had issues with it. I could just use cash and PayPal, but I want to make sure I don’t loose a potential sell because I can’t accept credit card payments. Also for cash, how much do you bring with you to make change, and how many different bills?

Finally, whats the minimum amount of animals that you bring with you? I have about 4 hatchlings big enough to be sold right now, and I should have at least 2 or more ready by the show. I know I won’t have a large number of animals, so I’m also planning on selling some succulents, stickers, and possibly some artwork of mine to help draw some attention. Do you think this will be enough? Do you have any tips to help encourage people to come to my table?

Thank you for reading this! I’d love to hear your thoughts :)

Visit our friends