New w a question

melbitspaul

Good evening all! (well its evening here)

Our family just became the proud owners of 2 leos, and I have a question about one. He/she gets wedged between the glass and their hide, just hanging there. I moved the hide over once and they just stayed there and eventually moved. I cleaned up and apparently moved the hide close enough to the glass that they are there again. Is this common or should I be concerned? I keep checking it, and its breathing, but still I don't want to think they are stuck!

Looking forward to becoming more involved in this forum, there is a LOT I didn't know in regards to these beautiful animals, and I can't wait to learn more.

PS I did try to search for my answer before posting...thanks in advance for any help you can give!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF and congratulations on your new leos. Yes, they often do like to wedge themselves into corners. I have a hatchling that likes to slide under the partition and go into the next section. I had to block it up with paper towels since the next partition is now occupied. They also sometimes like to stand up on their hind legs and try to dig through the glass cage. So far none of mine have succeeded.

Aliza

Big Daddy Geckos

BigDaddyGeckos.com
Many of my Leos do a similar thing. You might be able to attach the hide with Velcro tape in such a fashion so it keeps a little space between the hide and the glass so it wont get "stuck" Welcome!

Visit our friends