Newbie question...

B

Blizzma

Hello, all! I am new here, and am doing as much research as I can before I get a gecko, which might happen for me in early summer.

I have a very newbie-ish question...I know that some species of animals have gender-difference tempers. Are geckos like this? Which gender do you personally prefer?

Would you rather buy a baby leo gecko or an adult?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

JordanAng420

It kinda goes either way with leopard geckos. Both males and females can be equally cranky at times, however I find that some MORPHS are less sociable than others. Blizzards, for example, can be quite shy. I have a male RAPTOR that refuses to be held AT ALL. All of my tangerines seem to have wonderful personalities, as well as my enigmas. You'll find that several people have several different experiances with their geckos and temperaments. I think it all depends on how much you socialize them as babies.

STUTFL

Males will be aggressive to other males, adult females tend to go off their food from time to time ... if you're only getting one (and they're solitary, so that's a good idea), it really comes down to whatever gender the gecko that catches your eye is. :laugh:

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I agree with both of the above posters, but if you are keeping a solitary one, buy the one that catches your eye like STUTFL said.

Also blizzards can be quite grumpy XD

Visit our friends