Newbie questions :P

Spirituelle

So, today I was at Pets Unlimited, and some guy was telling me stuff that was totally different to what I've heard.

He said I should use calci-sand, because the leo needs calcium and he can just eat the sand? :S I'm not even going to try that, I'll stick to paper towel.

He also said I need a UVB light, even though they're nocturnal. I was thinking of using a red light all the time? Is that possible?

He said I only need one thermometer. I thought I needed one on the the cold and hot side?

I'm confused, please help me! :main_huh:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Most of us would probably say that calci-sand and UVB lights are unnecessary. Some people may use 2 thermometers. I pay attention to the temp on the hot side and leave the cool side room temperature figuring that if it's too cold for them they'll stay on the hot side.

Aliza

Spirituelle

Thank you for the answers. :)

Would an incandescent light bulb be okay to use during the day? I'm not sure what kind to use.

serialzombie

Ἴκαρος
I only use light to increase ambient temperatures in my tank, and I only do that when I notice my geckos NEVER leave the hot side of the tank.

For my purposes, an incandescent bulb is ideal, second only to a ceramic heater, which I haven't been willing to shell out for, just yet.

Visit our friends