NonWorking Outlets...

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
So we moved to a new apartment in March. Everything was fine....except yesterday two wall outlets stopped working. It would have been fine if they were two of the random ones we DON'T use...but it had the be the ones that heat 4 of our lizard tanks....they are on opposite sides of the living room....and anyway....I'm upset because who knows how long it'll be till maintenace gets around to checking them.

I already reset all breakers, but no luck.

via Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Good luck. Sometimes (as long as someone gets there to look) the problem is relatively easy to solve. After you reset the breakers, did they trip again? In that case, you may be running too much off the outlets.

Aliza

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
We got three to work again. One of the two not working in my daughter's room was arcing. We replaced it & now those 2 and one in the living room are back online.

Still need to check the one in the living room opposite of those, which is still not working.

Oh, and the one that was arcing hadn't been used since we moved in. So it must have been messed up before. The left side of the fixture was burned when we took it out.

Oh, and I. Do think resetting the breaker helped, in a way, because the arcing outlet wasn't hot today.

via Tapatalk

Visit our friends