Not a Good Idea!!!

mindgamer8907

Hi there, I was recently at a chain pet store and was reminded of a post I'd read about someone feeding their gecko some appetite stimulant. I recalled this post after I found the following supplement, please note the sticker on the front. When I peeled it off it said "for Turtles." There are other versions of this supplement. The "for Geckos" one was the only one with a sticker. What do you think?

1228091636.jpg

robin

thing i wonder about is if you need to stimulate your geckos appetite there could be more serious underlying problems.

Haligren

is behind you.
That's disturbing. I do not trust that brand. When I worked at a pet store none of the reptiles would go near any of the food. And some of the items just seemed like bad ideas. For example the 'color enhancing' spray that could supposedly bring out the brighter colors on your reptile. Not only did it merely stain anything it touched, it smelled pretty funky too. The ingredient list also had some items on it that I couldn't identify.

Angel

if your gecko was meant to be bright he would already be so , i dont trust the fake , stimulant cheap stuff they sell, I have however used something called jump start i think by zilla but that was after going to the vet finding nothing wrong and was vet advised to try it. I think people need to use your intincts if something doesnt seem right to you it probably isnt. sad that companies are making money off of stuff like this that isnt nessesary or helpful in the long run , my opinion though =)

Adinar

We had tried something like this (luckily not the same brand) when we were having all those issues with our 4 sick ones. It did nothing, they wouldn't touch it. I can't remember the brand exactally, but it was along the same lines only it was cut into tiny cubes and smelled like mangos.

We worked with jump start and stuff like that, but to be honest the slurry receipe worked 10 times better.

E

element1630

i got that stuff when i got my first crestie because the store was out of cgd... however, i never got to find out if it was appetite stimulating or not because she never ate any of it and i ended up throwing it away

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
My brother bought the same thing for hes crested geckos because it was on clearance and when he brought it home I noticed a sticker and it said the same thing so we didn't use it.

mindgamer8907

Thanks everyone, I posted this as more of a warning, in case new members were to come across this and think:"hey, I'll try it out!!" I've tried the Zilla stuff too and I know Khrysty has had positive results with the slurry. So... yeah that's about it! Thanks again!

Visit our friends