not sure if this was already asked but...

lindy

I have a hatchling that just hatched today, the clutchmate hatched 4 days ago. anyways it looks like all the parts are there but her belly is sucked up meaning she didnt get any of the "yolk sack". i put her in her own container that is really moist. is there anything else i can do for her? she also hatched out very light she is a raptor x aptor pairing and she is a jungle. so does that mean mom is not a aptor but a jungle?

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
You're doing everything right so far. All you can do is wait for the first shed and then offer food after that. Unless she's a super tiny preemie they usually do just fine even if they didn't absorb all of the yolk. Raptor x Aptor doesn't always give Patternless Stripe, most of the time it does but it isn't a simple recessive trait so you can get a few jungles, stripes, reverse stripes, etc. Can you post pics of baby and parents?

lindy

these are the only photos i can get

they are fuzzy dont know how to use my new camera doesnt focus right in the house?.
anyways the bright one is the clutchmate that hatched at 40 days the small one that is pink and white hatched at 45 days, it is still alive i feel so bad. they both havent started eating yet. this is the first year I have bred this gecko. it was bred last year by previous owners
also a photo of the male I ran out of space for the female will post soon.

Last edited:

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
With incubators we have the ability to create a perfect environment for eggs to grow. In nature the weaker eggs would die and not hatch but under perfect incubation conditions some eggs that probably shouldn't have made it to hatching do. You'll just have to keep your fingers crossed that this little one makes it. Good luck!

lindy

thank you for your help. it finally ate one little dubia didnt want it but i guess i bugged it enough that it went after it. yay. hope it makes it. just sooo small.

lindy

here is a updated photo of the little one

here is a photo taken today,its so little, but eating 3 little (I mean little) roaches a day. I couldnt get any better photos as the flash was not too exciting and it wanted to hide

bman123

That pattern is really cool. Good luck with everything, keep us updated with what happens.

Visit our friends