Our ATB - The Bitey Little Poop Machine

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
This guy was one of 12 animals that came in as rescues back in September. He was pencil thin and was living in months of waste.
He finally gave me a good shed this last week. He's been eating like a pig and does his best to take me out every time I have to clean his cage. I think he's gonna pull through. :p

Sorry for the bad quality. Its hard to get rid of water stains when you're dodging a mouth full of teeth.

So what type would he be? Garden Phase?

ATB001.jpg

ATB002.jpg

ATB003.jpg

ATB004.jpg

ATB005.jpg

ATB006.jpg

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
He's really pretty! I just read the article in Reptiles and now I want one! Are they all pretty bitey?

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Thanks, Kristi! :D

Every ATB I've seen has been bitey. I've only ever seen one that wasn't and how on earth the owner got him tame is completely beyond me.

This guy (who the kids have dubbed "Burton" because he resembles the snakes in Beetlejuice and Nightmare Before Christmas) was very calm when he first arrived, but we're contributing that to him being malnourished and sickly from living in his own waste for God only knows how long.
Now, I have to catch him asleep to do any cage maintenance or he's on a mission to take me out. And they have some CRAZY long teeth!!

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
So they're similar to green tree pythons? The article made it sound like the captive breds were pretty calm.:main_rolleyes: There was a neat trick mentioned in the article on how to make a hide to trap them when cleaning if you have an aggressive one. I guess I'll have to do that if I ever get one. I wanted a gtp, but these guys are so pretty. Now I'm torn.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
I know! I could have a whole collection of ATBs and GTPs and be happy as can be, even though they're all bitey.
I don't think we're right in the head, Kristi. :p

I'll have to check out that article. Sounds like it could come in really handy.

robin

So they're similar to green tree pythons? The article made it sound like the captive breds were pretty calm.:main_rolleyes: There was a neat trick mentioned in the article on how to make a hide to trap them when cleaning if you have an aggressive one. I guess I'll have to do that if I ever get one. I wanted a gtp, but these guys are so pretty. Now I'm torn.
green tree pythons are generally calmer, for real lol. all of the green trees i have ever had were for the most part not all that bitey but amazons, they bite everything LOL

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Phil, if there is, I'd love to find it! They just seem to be the "staple guns" of the reptile world. :D
And they have some MONSTEROUS teeth!

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
I'm considering getting a baby GTP. There is a local breeder not far from me. I'm not sure what locale he has at all. I've seen some really crazy looking crosses lately. Some of the ones I've seen are a really nice maroon with green spotting. Have you seen those? I wonder if they will hold that color or if it is just present while they are juveniles. Can anyone tell me?

Visit our friends