our coastal carpets

robin

we currently have 1.2 costal carpets
the first two are from micheal pannell ... they are simply stunning so much prettier than the photos they almost have a greenish tiny to their yellow and blushing areas

here is the male

malecoastal.jpg

here is the female sorry for the peepee paper but these guys once they start moving they just keep going LOL and she even has some white from her urates on her nose or a bit of a stuck shed but i think it's urates. im getting russ to check now. anyhow here she is

fcoastalcarpet.jpg

this last one has been interesting to watch grow up ... she was red as a htchling and has developed these colors. thisa one is not related to the above animals

fcoastalcarpetred.jpg

i really enjoy carpet pythons our next aquisition of carpets will be some irian jayas (but man am i picky about carpet pythons so it might he a toigh hunt to find exactly what i am looking for as far as irian jayas)

brandy101010

Those are pretty cool! How are there temperaments? A reptile specialty shop close to where I live has a few for sale and Every time I go in there I look at them. Never considered getting one because I don't know anything about them. But they are some of the coolest looking snakes I have seen.

robin

as babies they are nippy and can be kinda spastic but from the ones we have had as they get older they chill out and end up very easy going. we have kept both coatsals and irian jayas. one thing though is that they can be difficult to get feeding on rats so unless its a baby which GENERALLY with some effort you can get switched over... make sure if an adult that it feeds on rats because even though they are slender they can get long and feeding mouse after mouse after mouse kiinda gets to be a pain plus rats are just better prey items than mice, better nutritionally

T

Tokays_Unlimited

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Of course you will let me know when you produce some right?
If you are looking for Iran Jaya's talk to Yasser at spitfirereptiles.com
I am pretty sure alot of other breeders stock came from.I know thats were ill be getting my Scrubs from.

robin

will do jeremy ... they have about another year before breeding but i will let you know. yeah i know yasser has irian jayas and a few others as well. i prefer to buy yearlings even if i have to pay more lol i want to get an idea what they will look like as adults since it's so hard to tell as babies.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Awesome Carpet Pythons. I really like their patterns. I had a pair of Jungle Carpets once, had them for a while, got bit a few times. Once, I had both of them in a rubbermaid tub while cleaning their enclosure, stuck my hand in to get one, and WHAM, they both bit me at the same time.

I wasn't sure if they were gonna be that aggressive as adults, so I sold them. Now, I admire them from a distance :)

robin

Jeanne said:
Awesome Carpet Pythons. I really like their patterns. I had a pair of Jungle Carpets once, had them for a while, got bit a few times. Once, I had both of them in a rubbermaid tub while cleaning their enclosure, stuck my hand in to get one, and WHAM, they both bit me at the same time.

I wasn't sure if they were gonna be that aggressive as adults, so I sold them. Now, I admire them from a distance :)

jeanne generally they grow out of that around a year or two. now i said generally. i have seen some down right evil carpets but as far as temperments i think overall the costals are calmer than some of the othes :)

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
If I ever get any snakes again, they will be smaller, like Milksnakes. I had a Albino Nelsons, but it got loose about 8 months ago. It probably went outside and died, which really stinks, because I really liked that snake :(

robin

i do not cre for many of the colubrids.... i love the asian elaphe (like the beauty snakes) though but most of them are evil ... but i have this thing for active evil animals LOL

Visit our friends