paper Towel rolls?

T

Trevor's Leo

I had an idea- could you use paper towel/toilet paper rolls (without the paper/tissue) as little burrows for your leo's to crawl through? would they being able to get through them? or would they get stuck?

Thanks,
Trevor

robin

yes you can. if you mist though they end up getting kinda gross, so if you use them keep em dry :)

Khrysty

I use them. They make super cheap hides and my leos love them. If you cut off just a bit of the bottom, they don't roll either :)

GeckoNub

Ive used the rolls b4 and they seemed to like them :)

n581210469_2746188_233566.jpg

Only problem was they would either hide in there all the time or try climbing on them and rolling all over, but that was fun to watch :D

Now i bought them so many hides and stuff theres no room for tubes :(

ariana

i used to keep paper towel rolls in my males aquarium, and then one night i found him stuck!
it was comical but i felt so bad, i use poster tubes now cuz theyre bigger and sturdier

SLB1989

Yeah they are fine they do fit inside them ok.
Only downside is they roll around so you should stand something either side of it.

D

dkoernert

I know this is kind of an old thread but I noticed recently that my female leo will choose her paper towel tube over any of her other hides. Its kind of annoying when you spend money on other hide lol.

T

Trevor's Leo

I know this is kind of an old thread but I noticed recently that my female leo will choose her paper towel tube over any of her other hides. Its kind of annoying when you spend money on other hide lol.

hahhaha, well leos will pick what they like best. Usually- whatever they feel most secure in is what they will use as a hide. Mine hasnt used his paper towel rolls yets

Visit our friends