Poop Help

shannono94

So my female crested gecko usually poops every night while I am holding her. Tonight, she pooped as usual off my hand and on the ground but I noticed something red in between the white and brown parts of the stool and was concerned. I picked it up with a tissue and after further analyzing the inside, the red I saw was actually a brownish/red stringy material that seemed to make up most of the inside of the brown portion of the stool. I'm confused on how she could have made this, being that she refuses to eat crickets and only eats the repashy I give her. I'm concerned that this could be something wrong internal and that shes pooping her out her organs, or that maybe she ate some of the wood I got from the pet store that I have for her to climb on in her cage. Overall she seems healthy, not sure if I should be worried. Please help :/

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF.

Any chance she shed and you're seeing pooped out shed? If there are pieces of stuff in the bottom of the cage that are big enough to swallow you may want to remove them. If she's normally active it's unlikely that there's anything serious wrong.

Aliza

Visit our friends