pregant gecko? help!

bonus41

I have two crested gecko's one is a male and one is a female. While cleaning out the two tanks today my female look more chubby then usual! I had the geckos for about 3 years now. I never had a pregant gecko before! And I'm at a lost for what to do.

-If she is pregant do I build her a lay box, what do I use in it?
-When the eggs are layed and I move them to a little cup thing can i use hatch right? How do i let the eggs breath and how do I care for them.

If she is pregnant I have no problem caring for the babies, I know the care for crested geckos very well, but not so much in breeding them!

any advice and help is great!

here are some photos of her. She was never this chubby!

LZRDGRL

Yes, you need to build her a lay box. I would use sphagnum moss with dirt or something like that in a little tupperware container. For incubation material, you can use hatch rite, perlite, or vermiculite... and you can incubate at room temperature, so you don't need an incubator. I've never incubated crestie eggs, just leo eggs, but I suppose it is the same -- keep them in a closed container and open the lid once a week to let air in. If you leave it open all the time, the eggs might dry out.

But how did they breed if you had them in separate tanks? She really looks chubby :)

Visit our friends