questions on substrate

MR.MACK

hello, been a while. but very busy person here sooo many hobbies.....its unreal. my gecko is 4 months old this month an is doing fine. have been using paper towels since i first recieved him. is it ok to start using eco earth loose coconut fiber for substrate. need to know if its ok at this point, dont want him to end up with impaction. asking this because i think he may be getting lil bored. thnx

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It may be better to wait a little longer. I doubt your gecko is bored and that changing the substrate will have any effect on its mental state.

Aliza

NearMeGeckos

Don't ever use any loose substrate no matter the age. I was told it was safe many years ago and used it on my adult female. Less then 2 weeks later she died a slow painful death from impaction. There was nothing the vet could do. Its not worth the risk IMO. Stick with a non adhesive under counter liner. It comes in a variety of natural colors, is easy to wash, is super cheap, and has no risk of impaction, teeth, or claws getting stuck in it. I personally get mine at Walmart.

Visit our friends