Rack Advice Needed

tiedxupxinxknots

Animated Geckos
I really want to get a nice rack for my leopard geckos and I want the tubs to be bigger than 10 gall tanks for my geckos, oh and no more wider than 3 feet looking for somethin with more depth or height,and that can hold atleast 8 geckos, does anyone know where I can get something like this? Or am I asking for to much lol

kkigs

Add Reptile Basics and maybe C Serpents and Racks (Find them on Facebook, or in the classifieds on other sites) to what Michelle provided.

I have spent hours comparison shopping the options, and always come back to Animal Plastics as the least expensive option, and their quality is top notch as well. I buy their Economy Plastics line, but if you're worried about the open sides, their closed racks aren't all that much more, and still competitive with the other makers. They will also build any of their racks to suit Sterilite or Iris tubs, so you have that flexibility.

After all of that, the answer to your question is, yes, you should have no problem finding a rack that will suit your specific needs, dependant on your budget.

tiedxupxinxknots

Animated Geckos
Hmm I think it wouldbe easier to build one, but katie if you could take a pic of your rack system and post it here that would be great. But I do have a couple questions, mainly about heating, I want to get flexwatt heat tape but idk how to set it up, what would be better the 3" or??? And I think I read something about foil taping half of it why?? Also my rack will have six shelves but my thermostat has only room to blug in 3, is there a way where the heat tape can be plugged to eachother? Like 2 sharing a extention cord? And since im building a rack what would the best containers be? I looking for something bigger than 15qt and a couple 32 qt (around 24 3x17x6) and I appriciate any tips givin :D .

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
I really like the way my Animal Plastic rack was built. There are indentions in the back for the 3" flex watt to lay flush with the bottom. That way the tubs slid over the heat tape. They also weave the entire flex watt from bottom to top, so only one plug goes into thermostat.

tiedxupxinxknots

Animated Geckos
I really like the way my Animal Plastic rack was built. There are indentions in the back for the 3" flex watt to lay flush with the bottom. That way the tubs slid over the heat tape. They also weave the entire flex watt from bottom to top, so only one plug goes into thermostat.

I see, thanks but im building my own and got it all figured out thank you.

RampantReptiles

Yeah it is done by the foot. So each foot you get is 2.40. Bulk discount if you buy 10 feet or more... you get the idea.

I was going to do my rack in one long strip but ended up cutting it in half because it took too long to heat up. My rack is 48"x16"x36"?

I recommend buying from these guys as they will install the clips for you. Its a real pita to attach those clips without a crimping tool.
http://www.reptilebasics.com/flexwatt-heat-tape

tiedxupxinxknots

Animated Geckos
Yeah it is done by the foot. So each foot you get is 2.40. Bulk discount if you buy 10 feet or more... you get the idea.

I was going to do my rack in one long strip but ended up cutting it in half because it took too long to heat up. My rack is 48"x16"x36"?

I recommend buying from these guys as they will install the clips for you. Its a real pita to attach those clips without a crimping tool.
http://www.reptilebasics.com/flexwatt-heat-tape

so they do the flex watt ready to plug in? im building a 36" x 24" x 36" so ill need 6 strips of 3 feet long flex watt, will they set it up for me like this?

RampantReptiles

I like 4", it uses less watts. I think its 8 watts per foot versus 10 watts with 3".

The foil tape you use to tape the flexwatt on to the rack.
You are also supposed to tape the non-wired end with electrical tape.

Visit our friends