Rack Construction finished.

Ehatcher

the tubs im using are only like 5 1/2 inches tall, Im thinking th 16 qt sterilites are somewhere around 7? these tubs arent as long as the other tubs, but wider in that aspect.

Watch this video... it gives a good idea of the other popular tubs compared to the ones im using. TheBoaphile really likes these new tubs. It takes him a minute to start talking about them so hang tight during the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyGVEyIPid8&feature=channel_page

Ehatcher

Roger - there is no gap.. I built it to where the top of the tubs rub as well as the bottom. I have holes drilled into the tubs for ventilation.

Allee- They are awesome tubs!! thanks for the compliment!

Jeff - Ill get dimensions ASAP.

Ehatcher

****** UPDATE ******

I was going for cost effectiveness and functionality with the rack. Its not the prettiest out there, and it is rough around the edges... but its holding temps perfect and it was fun to build. Though i did rush through it, it turned out as good as i expected

5 tiers, wired parallel. Like i said it isnt the prettiest and i had to redrill a couple times for the bins to slide for me the way i wanted.

1009090027a.jpg

Foil taped over the flexwatt

1009090027.jpg

i love the Herpstat

1009090026.jpg

1009090028a.jpg

** the bottom tubs were not in the rack when i took these pictures.

Even in a drafty, non insulated garage, with outside temps around 60*, the temps are staying 95.7-96*. Once i get it moved down to my house, I expect it to stay 96* at all times.

1009090028.jpg

Last edited:

B.appel13

Love the rack. How does the flex watt work. Can it touch the bins or do you have to raise the bins up off the flexwatt?

Visit our friends