rack questions

Samantha

hey i am looking to get a rack or make one but i have some questions what kinda heat sorce do i use and where do i get it from and how does it work...pics of racks or sights have nice racks for good prices

snakegirl

i made one and i love it, homemade racks are much keeper, my rack was around $120 to make the basic rack, but with the bins and heat system was another $200 bucks. so for around $300 was the whole price tag, but well worth it. mines is for mainly snakes. you can make one fit to your needs, such as picking out your own bin size and the size of the rack (MAKE SURE:you add wheels) there a #$%%^ to move! without wheels lol it was made with melamine (found easily at the store its what they make shelf's out of) and for heat i used a 50 foot zoomed heat cable (but many others use Flexwatt) and then controlled by a thermostat (mine was from reptile basics Ranco ETC-111000 Pre Wired)

once i made it
IMG_4536.jpg

over a year later to the left still going strong!
caages.jpg

buying a rack, sounds fun but i never did it. besides its hard to find a cheap one and shipping always gets you. but you might be able to find one. there are many well known brands like boamaster (cheapest site i known of) boaphileplastics, and reptilebasics. they might help if you choose to buy one.

Visit our friends