Retained Shed on nose?

Andyrc

So Peaches shed a few days ago and I noticed she now has a small white splotch on her nose. I'm guessing this is from her shed. She's been in her humid hide pretty often but it still has not come off. It seems like it's stuck on their pretty good...

The problem is. She's still relatively new and young. She won't let me handle her yet and goes into a frenzy if I even try to pick her up. Last time I tried she suicide jumped from my hands onto the floor. So touching her face to get the shed off isn't something I'd like to do.
If I wait until her next shed, is it likely to come off then? Or is this something I will need to take care of now? Will it cause any problems? Any help will be appreciated :)

Attachments

• 20150907_182649.jpg
    20150907_182649.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 9

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's not in any place that will cut off circulation, so you could leave it. You could also pick her up despite her struggles and then just use your fingernail to flick off the shed. Good luck.

Aliza

lloorren

Does she seem to be aware of it, licking her nose etc? I'm surprised from drinking water it hasn't loosened. If I were you, I might just try to wipe it off without picking her up, a little stroke at a time, I'd imagine as soon as an edge stuck up, she'd be licking at it. You could always just wait until it falls off, it looks cute! hahaha

Andyrc

Does she seem to be aware of it, licking her nose etc? I'm surprised from drinking water it hasn't loosened. If I were you, I might just try to wipe it off without picking her up, a little stroke at a time, I'd imagine as soon as an edge stuck up, she'd be licking at it. You could always just wait until it falls off, it looks cute! hahaha

It doesn't seem to bothering her too much. I don't think she's even aware that it's there. It's not loose at all, in fact, it almost seems like it's still part of her skin. Yesterday I tried using a moist Q-tip and rubbing it gently against her nose. She didn't seem to mind very much as long as I wasn't trying to pick her up. I had no luck with that.. It didn't seem to do anything. It's on there pretty good. Any other ideas?

miguelcruzjr

It will eventually fall off on its own. If it's not bothering her you don't have to worry about it. Try increasing the humidity in her humid hide and spray a few times in her warm hide to accelerate the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends