Ron Tremper says you can house 4-6 adults in a 28 qt tub.Would you agree?

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
I want to start saving time and space by keeping my geckos in breeding groups.I plan to house up to 4 females per 28 qt tub.Is this acceptable?I know gharrick demeyer keeps his adults in similar numbers and cage sizing.what do you guys think?

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
Forgot to add that I read that Ron tremper keeps 4-6 females in the 28 qt tubs in his book,the herpetecultuee of leopard geckos.

fl_orchidslave

Based on their decades of experience, it works for them. Both know their animals inside and out. It's not a random shot by any means. It's not something recommended for someone just starting out as there is no experience base to immediately resolve issues that will no doubt come up.

robin

he may keep them that way but its definitely not recommended.. dont get me started on his keeping practices.

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
he may keep them that way but its definitely not recommended.. dont get me started on his keeping practices.

If your reffering to mr.demeyer,I totally know what you mean...did you see the YouTube video?

Anyways,this thread is not to rant about peoples improper housing techniques.so do you think if I raised 3 females from babies in a 34 qt tub,they would be okay to eventually breed in?thanks for anyones help!

robin

If your reffering to mr.demeyer,I totally know what you mean...did you see the YouTube video?

Anyways,this thread is not to rant about peoples improper housing techniques.so do you think if I raised 3 females from babies in a 34 qt tub,they would be okay to eventually breed in?thanks for anyones help!

no i am talking about ron remper

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
no i am talking about ron remper

What's wrong with Ron trempers housing?just curious.I'm not saying you're not right,I would just like to know why.I know he doesn't use any substrate,which I reeally don't like.anyways,thanks!

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™

Whats wrong with his housing techniques? I've seen all his videos.. didnt really see anything that i was like "OMG!?" lol ... im just curious

Jordan

26 litres? that seems fine for three females to me. i wouldnt do anymore than that though.

No substrate? must be a pain to clean the bottom of all the tubs all the time lol. instead of just changing kitchen roll.

Reborn

How big as in size is a 26 liters? I keep 3 groups of 3 females in their own 45 gallon equizallent cages, have had 0 problems and im not the most experienced keeper=w=. Not everyone was raised together either.

Jordan

erm... well i dont knwo exactly cuz i use 50L... and my 50L boxes have floor space of roughly 45cm by 90cm. actually im gonna go take a more exact measurement now.

Reborn

MK, then i dont gotta worry lol mine cage is 37x26x14 in.:main_laugh: so if your having sucess with smaller then i dont gotta worry none.

But to answer the main question, no i dont agree it would seem to crowded and cause stress and definatly a higher-acky system. But then thats my view.

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
Whats wrong with his housing techniques? I've seen all his videos.. didnt really see anything that i was like "OMG!?" lol ... im just curious

I don't want this thread to get off topic,and I don't want to hate on anyones housing practices,so if you want to continue this,PM Me and I'll gladly tell you want I found very wrong.but I'd like not to get into a heated argument.please only pm me I you're prepared to talk in a calm manner.just saying this because some people(not necessarily you)tend to really get mad when others dot agree with them.thanks!

Visit our friends