Sexing/Morph help

ibpigeonmaster

Hi there everyone, I'm new to the forum but not new to leopard geckos or reptiles at all. I am however taking my first shot at breeding Leos. An acquaintance of mine recently gave me a pair of "albino leopard geckos" apparently he got them from a breeder and had tried to breed them himself, after his first clutch from them was laid and he failed to incubate the eggs he decided they weren't for him and now they're in my care. Frankly I don't know the previous owner very well, and I doubt both the accuracy of what he told me about them as well as his personal ability to care for much of anything. he told me they were a male female pair but that he "Didn't remember which was male and female." he also told me that one was albino tangerine and that the other was simply albino. When asked which variant of the albino gene they carried he did not know. So. I'm trying to pin down what morph these geckos are and what sex. They both look like females to me but I do not have a ton of experience with Leos aside from the 11 year old basic I got from Petco when I was like 15, that I absolutely love. Albino-a.jpg
Albino-j.jpg
Albino-b.jpg Albino.jpg
The Leo above is the one he claimed to be simply "Albino" From what I understand it can be difficult to determine the variants of albinism but any help is appreciated. My best guess would be Tremper, but I cant find info I would deem reliable on how you can tell. And from the best I can tell both these lizards are female but I'm here looking to confirm or deny that.
AlbTang4.jpg
AlbinoTang6.jpg
AlbTang5.jpg
I suspect that this is the Tangerine albino but again They both seem to have femoral pores with no waxy buildup or bulges.

Any information that can be gained from these photos would be greatly appreciated. I understand some of these photos are a bit low quality but a wiggly gecko can be a challenge to photograph, lol. I can post more if needed and I will attempt to get clearer photos of their vents should anyone inquire.

Thanks, IBP.

Attachments

• Albino.jpg
    Albino.jpg
    906.8 KB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The second one is definitely an albino tangerine. I doubt the first one is necessarily albino at all. It's either a Murphy's Patternless or a Blizzard and may or may not be albino as well. In all honesty, based on the pictures, they both look female to me. Females can lay eggs without benefit of a male. It may be easier to tell if I were seeing them "in person". You may want to contact your local herp society to see if there's someone you could bring them to. Since you don't know which strain of albino the one that's definitely albino is, and since there isn't much information genetically about the other one, I do recommend that you enjoy these 2 as pets and if you want to breed, you get a pair of geckos with known genetics (I guess, though, you could tell male from female by putting them together and seeing who ends up "on top" . . . ).

Aliza

Elisha9

Both female. No pores at all. Eggs can be laid regardless and will be infertile as no male present so clearly that’s why he wasn’t getting anywhere with them. Both lovely girlies!

Visit our friends