Should I take this deal?

H

Honseng

Well, I met this lady on CraigsList and she was going to offer 2 leos, some hides, a heat mat, driftwood, and a 20 long (I think) for 50 dollars!

One thing though, she has never given them calcium... If I could have her give video footage of both of them moving, and they are in good shape, would this be reversible?

Picture of the entire set up :

2mx494l.jpg

Both Leopard Geckos :

avr0hf.jpg

Should I take it or not?

H

Honseng

I asked her to record her Geckos walking and such, I'll post it up here and see if you guys see anything wrong with them.

GeckoGoon

If you get the chance though, you should go over and see them.
You know, pick them up and give them a good look-over.
The pictures aren't that great so I'm thinking a video from her wont be so great either.

F

fikken

i have been in your situation before and i will suggest going over to view them before buying. such is the case for anyone buying any pet off craigslist or similar means. it sounds like a good deal except for the calcium thing sort of boggles my mind how she hasnt ever given them it at all. that would leave me to believe they never have gotten vitamin supplements either. good thing is that they don t look to be on sand (appears to be news paper) so impaction should not be a worry. If i were you i would see them in person, hold them, inspect color, attitude, etc. just seeing if they exhibit normal healthy gecko behaviour however thats not even always enough. for $50 and the possibility of giving them a much better home though i would go for it

H

Honseng

Signs of MBD?

What are the signs of MBD? Or any type of Calcium and Vitamin deficiency?

H

Honseng

Well, I know, but after watching it like 10-12 times, they look normal to me. She's only had em for 6 months, if that helps.

H

Honseng

I'd take it that cage alone is probably 50$
to me as well the leos look tip top shape. But I would defintally get them calcium

Just another question, she has a small heat pad for them as well. I'm also planning to get them a blue bulb, is it bad to keep it on during the night? Or should I just go with Infrared/Red? How many watts should I get for a 20 gallon.

Visit our friends