Small Pet Feeders - Am i in the wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Small Pet Feeders

Such is the nature of a mud slinging fight. Unfortunately, everyone gets dirty. Which is why I was frankly surprised that Dennis wanted to hash this out on a public messageboard. But what am I to do once I'm wiping mud off my face? Simply grin, smile, hand him his money back even though I've sent two separate orders of the same shipment that "didn't arrive", and then continue on like I haven't been tarnished? I'm sorry, but I do feel the need to defend myself and my company when I go out of my way constantly to ensure excellent and quick responding customer service, only to be drug through the mud by someone I believe to be scamming me?

Keep in mind, I showed good faith when I replaced the first shipment free of charge or suspicion. When the second shipment got "lost", it's time to start raising some eyebrows.

Small Pet Feeders

To add insult for replacing his order and responding quickly and in a timely fashion, the man files a Dispute with Paypal that causes my bank account to bounce charges like rubber, costing me around $100 more to this situation. I tried replacing his order quickly, responding to him even quicker, always keeping in touch without avoiding him, and he thinks I didn't ship them out? Really?

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
However, it's always the business that has to suck it up to protect their reputation.

A bit beyond that; it's also the successful business which will be anticipating a certain percentage of negative revenue in the form of damaged product, shipping mishaps and resolving customer dissatisfaction, folding the cost into their pricing structure in order to preserve a net gain overall, even if some specific transactions represent a loss.

It is a reputation issue. It is a customer satisfaction issue. It is frequently a legal necessity as a consequence of consumer protection laws. It is simply the right thing to do; providing exactly what was promised regardless of negative circumstances outside of the direct control of either party.

-Seamus Haley

Small Pet Feeders

A bit beyond that; it's also the successful business which will be anticipating a certain percentage of negative revenue in the form of damaged product, shipping mishaps and resolving customer dissatisfaction, folding the cost into their pricing structure in order to preserve a net gain overall, even if some specific transactions represent a loss.

-Seamus Haley

Which is why I said I should have been leery of working with Dennis in the first place when he wanted to slash my prices for prices he was getting elsewhere, supposedly. I think this whole occurrence has taught me to deal with those who see the value in spending what you're asking for your products, as there is a reason you're asking such a price, if you're smart, as you put.

This whole thing just really gets me on edge as I feel like I went above and beyond for a guy who is very likely, in my mind, scamming me. But I've been scammed before, and I don't think of those people any more than I will think of Dennis in a few months. My business and I will recover and move on with a new $70 lesson in tow.

-Dave
SPF

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
I think this whole occurrence has taught me to deal with those who see the value in spending what you're asking for your products, as there is a reason you're asking such a price,

GENERALLY speaking….I agree. There's nothing wrong with trying to get a deal, but I really wish people would stop trying to get something for next to nothing. I'm NOT directing this at Dennis, as I don't know him other than on this forum, I'm speaking JUST IN GENERAL, I see and hear from other breeders that more and more consumers are trying to basically get geckos, snakes, etc. at a fraction of what it cost the breeder to simply feed and raise them. Come on people, if you don't want to pay what the breeder or business feels what your buying is worth, then don't buy it! Offering low ball prices is basically insulting, keep that in mind! The profit margin is already slim to none without having to cut your prices way back just to make a sale. There's nothing wrong with asking for a discount, but asking them to lower it to the point where they are basically losing money isn't cool.

I don't think that anyone should be taking shortcuts when it comes to breeding, shipping and taking care of animals. If your going to try and do everything the cheapest way you can, then please don't buy or breed animals. I pay good money for my animals, really good money and I refuse to cut corners when it comes to shipping or feeding/supplementing them in order to save a few bucks.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather spend the extra money knowing I'm getting a superior product that I will be happy with and the person/company I bought it from will also be happy with the sale. It's a two way street and I'm on both sides of it, buying and selling. I can see Dennis' side but I can also see the business' side as well. I wouldn't ask someone to do something that I wouldn't want asked of me.

I apologize for getting a little off topic, but I feel that all these points are valid in situations like this. The seller could have and should have stood his ground and not accepted the lowball offer from Dennis or offered it to him at such a low price (whichever it was). Whether or not the crickets were delivered, lost, stolen or whatever…..I hope we all learned something from this thread.

I hope you guys can both put this behind you and move on respectfully. Things can get really ugly on message boards and for this kind of sale, I don't think it's worth it to either of you. Take care.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I agree with Marcia and Seamus. Their posts stood out to me.

Personally, I would never ship something without a delivery conformation number (unless it's to another country and I can't buy one). It protects both the buyer and seller. Without it, I don't see proof that anything was shipped. Paypal will agree. Neither party handled themselves very professionally, but I do agree that the it's the seller's responsibility to correct any mistakes. If he would have done that in the beginning, there wouldn't even be a post here. Now there will be people who will not order feeders because of this. Anyone can have a bad transaction. How you take care of it will show what type of person/company you are.

im faster

Should Slow Down
Okay Dave your really working my last nerve.

You keep saying the same things over and over.

You keep mentioning you about me trying to slash your prices and trying to make me seem like a bad guy for this.

So lets refresh. YOU CONTACTED ME
I told you what i was willing to pay for them YOU kept coming back. if the price was unacceptable the you should have said it was. but you kept trying over and over and over. Which is fine its what a business does. but you don't try and throw that in my face.

I started this on a public forum BUT I DID NOT mention your name. i just wanted to see what others thought about this situation. YOU brought yourself into this. IF YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER POSTED NO ONE WOULD HAVE KNOWN I WAS DEALING WITH YOU.

I filed the Paypal claim because this was my last resort.
I sent you a email that said give me a tracking number or a refund. you have never gone more than a day without emailing me you didn't answer that email for 3 days. so i assumed you were finished communicating with me.

I have never lied to you, I have no need.

You however have repeatedly made slanderous remarks and derogatory statements that you never back up.

You keep saying your done bickering but constantly continue to post.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Small Pet Feeders

Alright here's the deal. I've had a second to chill out and put this in perspective.

Dennis, you have never stolen from me before, so I can't draw the conclusion that you are stealing from me now. It's wrong of me to label you a thief with only my personal feeling as evidence against you, as this is a very strong label. I wish you would have communicated with me before filing a Paypal Dispute, as this incited me and immediately put the whole situation in the "personal" category for me. A refund would have been very possible with proper communication, and it wouldn't have caused the damage it did when the money was pulled from my account.

I've been speaking with my cricket farm, and I can't in good conscience rely on their word as gold anymore, as I've had a separate incident that breathes unreliability on their character. It's my nature to support my associates and I believe standing by their words is very important, as you would hope they would stand by yours. I do believe they shipped your packages out, as I have no reason to doubt that fact, but it is very possible a Postal worker or someone during transit threw away your crickets after dying due to cold weather. After further thought, I can see how that would happen during the busy time of the year with the US Postal Service, as they have been far from reliable in the past.

I apologize for all the words I exchanged with you in this and the other thread I created out of spite. It was unprofessional and unbecoming to my character, and I deeply regret the whole situation. I hope you can forgive me for my human emotions, and I realize sometimes I can be anything but level-minded, as could anyone that is angry at the time. I understand I've said revokable statements that can never be taken back, but I hope you can forgive me for my reaction upon learning of the Paypal Dispute and this thread on a forum we both advertise on. I hope we can move past this, and get our arrangement squared away. Sorry Dennis.

-Dave
SPF

Thorgecko707

THORGECKO
I believe that now that Dennis has been refunded, both parties can burry the hatchet. I'm sure Dennis can find it in his heart to apologize for his words and forgive you for yours.
Someone mentioned delivery conformation, which I'd suggest for all future packages. I know it's only $.55 here. I've shipped thousands of packages using it and, *knock on wood* haven't "lost" a package yet.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Dave, I'm glad you were able to take some time to gather perspective. It takes integrity to admit our mistakes and apologize, and not many of us find it easy to do. Let's hope Dennis will be able to do so as well.

I don't really understand why that is either. I work closly with a cricket and mealworm company and I can't get any tracking number if I ask for them to send it USPS. I can get a tracking number if I send something even from delivery confirmation.

Small Pet Feeders

That's the nature of the business, a lot of cricket farmers are just that, farmers. They don't get too "digital", some do, not the ones I prefer to work with. I like helping the small guy, and sometimes it comes back to bite me in the ass.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
OK, Since the retaliation thread is now resolved and closed, I'd like to hear from Dennis that it is resolved on his end. Of so, can this thread also be "Resolved" and closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends