So how long till the embryo sets?

steve905

I was wondering how long after an egg is laid will it take an embryo "float" to the top of the egg? If you get to the egg lets say within 12-24 hours and can't tell whats ends up( gecko moved it) will it matter if your off on the placement of the egg in the incubator?

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have heard that the embryo does not set until like 2 weeks ( i think it may have been in Rons book). As long as I find the egg within like 2-3 days I don't think moving it matters at all.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
I couldn't tell ya because i never give my eggs that long to sit in there to find out. If i know i have females that are prego, and it has been about 2 weeks, i check their enclosure thoroughly every nite after work to see if she has popped out the eggs. If she has, i do not move them from their position where ever they are, and mark them right then and there, and whichever way they are, i place them directly into my incubator that way.

As long as you can tell that your leo is ovulating, and have placed a male with her, and u can tell she's got eggs in her after that, then just check the tank or whatever you are keeping her in once or twice a day til you find them. Once you find them, keep them the right side up that they are laying (mark when end is up), and place them directly into your container to go into your incubator that way, and you will never have that problem. And since Leos generally lay a cluth of eggs every 2-3 weeks (more on the 3 week side), you can know when to expect them coming out and can be ready! :thumbsup:

NycGecko

I couldn't tell ya because i never give my eggs that long to sit in there to find out. If i know i have females that are prego, and it has been about 2 weeks, i check their enclosure thoroughly every nite after work to see if she has popped out the eggs. If she has, i do not move them from their position where ever they are, and mark them right then and there, and whichever way they are, i place them directly into my incubator that way.

As long as you can tell that your leo is ovulating, and have placed a male with her, and u can tell she's got eggs in her after that, then just check the tank or whatever you are keeping her in once or twice a day til you find them. Once you find them, keep them the right side up that they are laying (mark when end is up), and place them directly into your container to go into your incubator that way, and you will never have that problem. And since Leos generally lay a cluth of eggs every 2-3 weeks (more on the 3 week side), you can know when to expect them coming out and can be ready! :thumbsup:

thanks for the straight forward information !!!!!:main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends