Some 2012 WWR African Fat Tail Hatchlings

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
We've had our share of infertile eggs :disappointed:, hatchling's die :bigcry:, more infertile eggs :furious3: and other common AFT problems, but we've stuck with it and here's some of the 2012 baby's we've hatched out so far at Wild West Reptile….still plenty more to come! Hope you'all enjoy! :cowboy:

Whiteout poss. Caramel
IMG_2751.jpg

100% het Ghost
IMG_2766.jpg

100% het Ghost
IMG_2764.jpg

Granite
IMG_2767.jpg

Granite
IMG_2761.jpg

Patternless
IMG_2769.jpg

Whiteout poss. het Patternless/Caramel
IMG_2758.jpg

Whiteout poss. Caramel
IMG_2768.jpg

Wild West Reptile

LOL! Thanks Travis. Looks like your one of 4 people who actually even pays attention to this section and you don't even work with fatties right now. It's mind boggling that more people don't like them. I'm like 10x more excited when a fat tail hatches than when a Leopard hatches. We are still on the ground floor with these guys so it makes it very exciting when you hatch out a combo, unlike the over saturated leopard gecko market where everyone and their dog is breeding them. Maybe I need therapy…I don't know.

Last edited:

RampantReptiles

Very nice collection of babies you have so far! How come that patty is so shiny wet looking?

Yeah. AFTs are expensive. The issues with breeding, its a lot harder. And they dont produce as well, making breeding less satisfying/more frustrating for some and keeping the cost up. And! many wont eat worms and for those that refuse to keep crickets or roaches makes it impossible to keep them.
I havent bred them but this is what I hear from those that do.

Last edited:

Wild West Reptile

All good points Michelle! But that's exactly why I love working with them. There's a sense of accomplishment when you hatch them out knowing how much work you put into them. It's not as easy as simply putting a male and female together and getting eggs like you do with leopards. I'm very proud (and excited) when a fat tail hatches!

As for the feeding, I know of several breeders who feed worms with no issues. Once again, you may have to put in extra effort for them to switch, but again, it can be done.

Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you enjoyed my baby's.

TruVueGeckos

Go "Fat" or go home....
Great looking babies Chris. Your het ghost are beautiful, can't wait to see the actual visual ghost babies. I call first dibbs on them.

Wild West Reptile

You're off to an awesome start, Chris!

Thanks David!

Great looking babies Chris. Your het ghost are beautiful, can't wait to see the actual visual ghost babies. I call first dibbs on them.

You and me both! But I'm not having much luck with them right now. Typical fat tail breeding, reabsorbing eggs, not mating, slugs, blah, blah, blah…….I'll get some good ones soon I hope. 2 girls just started showing signs of eggs yesterday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Visit our friends