Sorry- thermostat question

What do you use to manage the heat in your collection?

• Total voters

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I've searched the forum and found multiple threads asking about thermostats, but none of them satisfy me enough, so sorry, but here's another one...

I'm making a rack system for my leos, and will be using three inch heat tape. I've looked at Helix, Herpstat, and a breeder near me swears my the Rancos.

Here are my questions:

#1- Proportional vs. on/off? I know the props. keep a better temp, but the electric bill? What do you think about this- http://www.boaphileplastics.com/proportional.html

#2- Any wisdom on the brand?

JordanAng420

I know nothing about that particular brand. I use Helix. I just think it's funny how one of the choices for temperature control is a smoke detector. :main_laugh:

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Poll closed due to uninteresting thread. Also, I bought a Ranco on/off thermostat today. Also, my smoke alarm went off because I was cutting a door into my basement from my garage with a concrete chainsaw and the exhaust went in the house. I have to make the door to move stuff into the garage and so I can cut in there. I have to cut in there and move stuff in so I can finish part of my basement into an office for my construction business. The office for the construction business is just a cover for my own private Man Room, the primary motif of which shall be reptiles, and shall serve as my base of operations for taking over the world by breeding snakes and lizards without my wife knowing. Shhhhhhh... she's currently clueless.

Isn't it fascinating how all of life is intertwined?

Sikmike

I just purchased a proportional thermostat (grounded), from Spyder Robotics. It's a great tool so far and is doing it's job properly. It's attractive and personally I cut a small slit in my reptile carpet and wired my probe through that so it sits on top of the carpet in the hot hide. I've heard other members recommend this herpstat, I don't see any problems with it. As for the electrical bill, I have no idea!

Oops saw you just bought one, gl! +1 for man cave.

Visit our friends