strange behaviour

dylxnbj

I've had my leopard gecko for about a month now. He's still not eating, he had one mealworm after 2 weeks but he won't go for anything else. He doesn't go into the damp or hot area either, he's always in the hide in the middle, I've even swapped the hides around to see if it was a specific one but it's always the middle. The tank is around 87 degrees F (I'm saving for a new Thermostat coz mine doesn't work properly, when i put a towel on top (which is almost 24/7) it goes up to 93 degrees F, but he's always in the middle hide or ontop or infront of it, I have a pot of 6 mealworms at all time inside incase he eats in private but they always just die and dry up. I had done all the research i needed to before hand, but I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, he does let me pick him up and he climbs all over me so it's not a relationship issue i believe.

dylxnbj

I've had my leopard gecko for about a month now. He's still not eating, he had one mealworm after 2 weeks but he won't go for anything else. He doesn't go into the damp or hot area either, he's always in the hide in the middle, I've even swapped the hides around to see if it was a specific one but it's always the middle. The tank is around 87 degrees F (I'm saving for a new Thermostat coz mine doesn't work properly, when i put a towel on top (which is almost 24/7) it goes up to 93 degrees F, but he's always in the middle hide or ontop or infront of it, I have a pot of 6 mealworms at all time inside incase he eats in private but they always just die and dry up. I had done all the research i needed to before hand, but I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, he does let me pick him up and he climbs all over me so it's not a relationship issue i believe.

Attachments

• 20210831_180514.jpg
    20210831_180514.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 20210831_180459.jpg
    20210831_180459.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
From what I can see of your gecko, it seems to be a reasonable size. I'm assuming it's an adult. It would be good to see a picture of the gecko from the top. In your opinion, has its tail gotten any smaller in the past month? If not, that's a good sign that it's not losing weight. Where did you get the gecko from?
Sometimes geckos don't eat for quite awhile and some geckos don't really like mealworms because they don't move too much. Are you willing to try crickets or super worms?

Aliza

NearMeGeckos

Looks fairly healthy from what I can see in the picture. Try some different food options, never seen a gecko resist a wax worm.

Are you sure its a boy? I've had gravid females resist food for over a month.

Switch out the jar for a nice big dark hide.

dylxnbj

I never meants to say boy, They told me it's a female but i naturally say everything is female so my mistake, but still a month later and he wont touch food, i've purchased wax and super worms and theres no movement at all, my female cousin has tried to open his mouth and he did instantly and swallowed a single worm but nothing more

panthergecko

I would not force feed at this stage. New pictures would be nice / help.

Do you have a food scale to get their weight?

You can try using : Flukers Repta Boost.

I have had some success with it.

Around this time when it gets colder they might brumate

Visit our friends