stuck eggs and dyed eggs

A

andy

I have 2 eggs stuck together that was laid from my female and when i candled it, it was yellow BECAUSE the surface was dyed from the sphagnum moss.

the surface is yellowish from moss...

Will they hatch?

this is the first time 2 eggs have been stuck....

thanks

roger

I have 2 eggs stuck together that was laid from my female and when i candled it, it was yellow BECAUSE the surface was dyed from the sphagnum moss.

the surface is yellowish from moss...

Will they hatch?

this is the first time 2 eggs have been stuck....

thanks

Are they firm? are they like half full balloons? when were they laid? If they were laid recently just because they are yellow doesnt mean they are infertile.I had 2 that were yellow but a week down the road they turned pink

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Always incubate. Weird looking eggs can hatch out fine, don't toss them unless they shrivel up or start to stink.

justindh1

Like they say always incubate when your not positive. I have never had any stick together but have read about others being in the same situation. From what I have read, even if one goes bad, leave it alone. Many people have had eggs stick together, one go bad and the other hatch perfectly fine with a molded egg stuck to it.

Sammag

I actually have a clutch in the incubator right now that when laid was stuck together, though one so egg was laid the long end was horizontal on a surface (the normal way) but the other egg happened to be laid vertically and they stuck. So now I hae this T shaped egg structure but both seem fertile :)

And as others have said, just incubate em out and even if one gets moldy and one keeps goin strong dont mess with em, cus when/if you seperate the eggs you might rupture the healthy egg in the process.

A

andy

i put them in the incubator within 2-5 hours of laying so i'll just have to wit and see

Thanks Everyone!!!

Visit our friends