Suggestions

DoubleZ

I've got a ten gallon tank that I recently refurnished. Natural colored stones, one large piece of driftwood, and large orange rock. Currently it's housing a male betta, 2 pygmy corydoras, a honey gourami, and a dwarf gourami. The betta displayed some territorial behavior at first, flaring and charging, but didn't actually make contact and settled down after about 24 hours. Now he only flares if they get close during feeding. The betta is dark blue and while the honey and the dwarf help I'd like a little bit more color. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. The guy at the pet store suggested smaller schooling tetras.

lovelovelove135

Hello! I suggest getting at least 2 more pygmy corys since they're a schooling fish. For more color, you can try some danios (ex. zebra danios) or male guppies. The danios are schooling fish though, so you'll want at least 6. For tetras, I would go with neon tetras. They're schooling, just like the danios, so you'll want at least 6. With the 2 added pygmy corys and a school of your pick, you'll be a bit overstocked, but if your tank is over-filtered, you should be fine. Just remember to do water changes every week or every other week :)

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
gouramis and bettas are actually from the same family of fish.
your betta may start to show aggression towards them, or visa versa, are this is their nature.
keep a close eye on them, you might have to seperate them

Visit our friends