Taking my Leo on holiday

AndyBunn

Next year I'm going on a family holiday to Wales in the summer. Its about a 2 hour drive from where I live.

I was wondering about taking Carrot, my leopard gecko with us if I can't find some one to look after him. I also thought he might enjoy exploring the place we are going to. It's a place called Happy Valley and is very peaceful indeed.

His Vivarium is to big to take so I was thinking about getting a more portable Vivarium.

My main concern is not stressing and upsetting Carrot.

Has anyone here ever taken their Leo on holiday? What were your experiences?

Or is it simply a bad idea.

I hope you and your family including pets are well in these strange times.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
When I was breeding geckos I would go to a reptile show 4 hours away from me. I'd package my geckos in deli cups, drive 2 hours to my friend's house, spend the night, go to the show, sit there all day, and take the geckos that didn't sell home. Still i their deli cups. Everyone was fine. Find something small to put your gecko in for the trip. Get the portable vivarium. Set it up when you get to your vacation place and put the gecko in it. Avoid leaving the gecko in the car by itself if the car is going to get really hot. You can also check out this article in Gecko Time:

Aliza

AndyBunn

When I was breeding geckos I would go to a reptile show 4 hours away from me. I'd package my geckos in deli cups, drive 2 hours to my friend's house, spend the night, go to the show, sit there all day, and take the geckos that didn't sell home. Still i their deli cups. Everyone was fine. Find something small to put your gecko in for the trip. Get the portable vivarium. Set it up when you get to your vacation place and put the gecko in it. Avoid leaving the gecko in the car by itself if the car is going to get really hot. You can also check out this article in Gecko Time:

Aliza

Thanks for all the information Aliza. The Gecko Time article is excellent. I will take Carrot on our holiday. I'm hoping he will enjoy it.

Visit our friends