Terrible craiglist gecko owners.

LoveReps

I am not new to the occasional Craigslist ad of poorly cared for animals being sold here, in fact, I aim to rescue leos that have been subjected to bad husbandry so they have a chance at a better life. I am making this thread just to rant about these Craigslist gecko owners. I never rant to the public, however, recently I was so bothered by these two ads I wanted to share it with you all. I have screenshots of the two ads below, no personal info is revealed. The first one was where it all started. First off, they are housing an adult leopard gecko in a CRESTED GECKO setup. This isn't because they were mislead or got the two confused. I know this because they have another gecko that they are not selling who is currently housed in a 20 gallon setup. Sensing a little favoritism don't you think? I am rescuing this gecko if they ever reply to my inquiry. The second ad was what put the icing on the cake. They are housing 2 adult geckos in a 10 gallon tank!! They are also assuming they get along just because they have been together since hatching! Unfortunately, these leos are in another state so I can't rescue these guys. I just want to know your thoughts on these terrible Craigslist Leo owners. I sure do get a headache every time I come here to do a rescue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-25-01-13-46~2.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-25-01-13-46~2.png
    691.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2020-02-25-01-47-16~3.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-25-01-47-16~3.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 12

AndyBunn

I am not new to the occasional Craigslist ad of poorly cared for animals being sold here, in fact, I aim to rescue leos that have been subjected to bad husbandry so they have a chance at a better life. I am making this thread just to rant about these Craigslist gecko owners. I never rant to the public, however, recently I was so bothered by these two ads I wanted to share it with you all. I have screenshots of the two ads below, no personal info is revealed. The first one was where it all started. First off, they are housing an adult leopard gecko in a CRESTED GECKO setup. This isn't because they were mislead or got the two confused. I know this because they have another gecko that they are not selling who is currently housed in a 20 gallon setup. Sensing a little favoritism don't you think? I am rescuing this gecko if they ever reply to my inquiry. The second ad was what put the icing on the cake. They are housing 2 adult geckos in a 10 gallon tank!! They are also assuming they get along just because they have been together since hatching! Unfortunately, these leos are in another state so I can't rescue these guys. I just want to know your thoughts on these terrible Craigslist Leo owners. I sure do get a headache every time I come here to do a rescue.
People are stupid which leads to cruelty.

Visit our friends