Tile floor

bman123

So everyone who reads this check out my pics in the pic section title I think he's a raptor lol and tell me what you think. I will post more better pics tomorrow. Hopefully I can get two of his red eye and his snake eye.

STUTFL

'Kay, UTH just isn't doing the job then. How thick are the tiles?

You'll want to put

bman123

The tiles aren't that thick. I will move the tiles over the uth and take out the sand. I will see if it changes the temp or not. If not then I will just get a lamp and a 50 watt red lght heat bulb. The uth was rocking before I think it's just because of the tiles since it has more to heat up now.

Temp is now 85 hot 77 cool side. I will mess with it tho and see if I can get it to be hotter on the hot side.I don't want him to get too cold. If I can't fix it I will go out when inwake up and get him a lamp and bulb. With it being a 20 gallon tall do you think a 50 watt red light heat bulb will be enough? I don't need the temps to come up alot only around 8 degrees more on the hot side.

Thanks for everything stutfl you've helped me alot and I appreciate it.

bman123

No need for the lamp I got it all figured out. Hot side inbetween 90-95 mostly at 92-93 tho. I'm glad it was easy, I just removed some sand now it's all good I can quit worrying about this. Cool side between 75-80 only hit 80 once then went right back down.

All is good his temps are right and his tank looks sweet with his tile floor. I will post a link to my photobucket account and you guys can look at pics. Will be a bunch of him and his setup so you guys can see it all. Thanks for the help once again you guys are the best.

bman123

I am very happy with the way the tank turned out. Temps are great now. It looks so much better now also. Now he can actually walk around. Before he was sliding all over the paper now he can just scoot along. Not like he moves around all day because he don't, he's quite lazy but at least he doesn't have to struggle to walk around and his enclosure looks so much better.

bman123

Yeah it does hold the heat real well. It actually feels warmer over a larger area then it did when I was using the newspaper. Poor little guy tho I just got him on weds and had him on newspaper and then i switched to the tile yesterday. He's probably wondering what the heck is going on.
It does look so much nicer with the tile I am glad I did it.. Plus he can actually get some traction when he walks as the tile is slightly textured.

marineman26

yep thats right and thats another reason I went with tile for the traction purposes. I felt so bad when I used to keep my geckos on reptile carpet and there claws would get stuck in that and I didnt care for appearance so I went with tile and its great.

bman123

Yeah I knew his toes would get stuck in the carpet plus whenthey use the bathroom it stinks. I don't to be washing repti carpet all the time due to it holding the odor. I am so glad I saw pics of tiled tanks for geckos. It makes the tank look so much nicer and it's so easy to clean.

Visit our friends