Tiled my tanks!! And . . . .

Latlaw

I love them! I switched from repti-carpet to tile. Such a clean look and so far giving a nice heat distribution. The gang are still on the fence about them though. They are suspiciously smelling and licking all over their tanks. Very cute! I have five 20 gal longs and used 2 12x12's and had husband cut a 12x12 in half for the additional 6 inches. Made a nice tight fit. I may end up using some sort of grout or caulking and having them become a permanent part of the tank. All in all very pleased with the new renovation.

Khrysty

I'd recommend grout over caulking. I caulked my tile into a 10gal that I had and it was just ridiculously messy, impossible to clean when i messed up, and didn't look as sleek as I'd hoped. Grout should be less of a hassle, at least in that manner

geckobeginner22

Hey great tank.. I might change to tile from reptile carpet tooo soon... how much did the tile cost.. and what is grouting and caulking......I also have a 20L .. do you find that it gives off heat better than reptile carpet. Thanks alot

steve905

I'd lean towards the caulking. Grout is by nature porous and you could get some nice bacteria strains going on there...

TheRed

I just switched from carpet to tile too. I just used sand in the cracks, instead of grout or caulking. I think it looks way better plus the worms and roaches can't sneak underneath

enigmaslim

I use tile and sand, I did what one member on here did which was brake the tile and put it together like a puzzle and fill in cracks with sand. I was worried about the edges put my lil buddies have been on it for over 2 months and the are doing fine. I might go from the heat lamps and go with UTH's under the tile

Visit our friends