to those who use racks..

MiamiLeos

what would you consider the housing requirement for an adult leo? im thinking about building a rack but idk what sizeboxes to get or anything. i would prefer to house them seperately so, for one adult leo,what size box do you use?

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I haven't built mine yet, but I will be using IRIS MCB-S tubs, they are 10.5" x 16.5" x 5.5"
Sterilite 16 qt tubs seem to be the most popular size, but I like the IRIS tubs because they have more floorspace than a similar sized Sterilite, and the bottoms are flat instead of having a groove around the perimeter.

FloridaNature

Learning
I had the Vision Rack 1754 system which uses the 15 qt sterilite tubs and I found that for me it was just too small for a single adult leo.
You place the hide, the water & Calciub bows down & there is room for nothing else plus they seem to mess it up quickly.

I converted the 1754 into the 1756 rack system using 32 qt tubs (same rack just rework the heat cable & get the tubs - yes they are that versitable!)
and now there is plenty of room for the proper hide & humid hide and it is also much easier to clean.

If you are going to have 50+ Leos then the 15 qt tubs are the obvious choice due to space & whatnot.

Michael

Last edited:

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I like the Rubbermaid cleverstore 15 quarts. They're shorter and wider than the sterilites and therefore give more floor space.

Taquiq

JK Herp
I buy the rubbermaid clever store 15 qt. and for breeding I buy the sterlite 29 qt. Both of these are 4 dollars at Wal-Mart.

snowgyre

I use Rubbermaid 12 qrts too. My female geckos do well in them, although it's not big enough for my males, especially during the breeding season when all they want to do is look for girls. I keep my giant male in his own luxurious 29 quart blanket box now and he seems much happier. I let the geckos tell me if it's adequate or not. If they're consistently messing up their cage, I give them the next size up.

MiamiLeos

thanks for all the imput guys. i am also wondering about visibility. do you find that a certain brand of container is clearer than another?

Visit our friends