transparent

CREATIVE GECKO

do the eggs ever get little almost transparent spots on them? i cant really see through it or anything but the spots look clearer then the rest of the egg. im at day 47. also do the eggs always dent before they hatch?

paulnj

The transparent spot is mostlikely an under developed egg. I had an egg last season that I could SEE the hatchling for the last week of delevopment and it was cool to see.

My egg hatched just fine and grew normally.

houseape57

Sometimes these spots are on eggs ready to hatch, they are windows to the new world. I have seen this about 30% of the time on my ready to hatch eggs. Good luck, let us know how it goes....and don't forget to post some pixs!

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
If you're talking about what I think you are, I have had plenty of eggs with those spots, (usually under the egg in the vermiculite), and all hatched perfectly.

BalloonzForU

There are many reasons for this to happen.

1. The early on "windows" are egg shells that didn't calcify as much as they should have. These eggs sometimes have no issues and sometimes they do.

2. A cluch was stuck together and were pulled apart when found. One egg will peal a smal layer of the other egg's shell with it if not done properly and you'll have a thin spot which can create one of these "windows".

3. A thin spot like #1 but not as bad that shows closer to hatch date that get's more pronounced from the egg stretching and growing and/or the egg sweating before it hatches.

A lot of the times as long as the egg does not pop during it's growth during incubation, there is no issue that causes harm to the growing baby inside. If the baby fails to live it's usally because of something other than the window and/or it could be because of the same reason the window was there to begin with, but not because of the window itself.

Visit our friends