uhhhh can i use air plants?

leopardgeckonewbie

so i have recently gotten a leopard gecko from my cousin who is in college and honestly i dont know much abt him and i have tried doing research but i cabt find quite what im looking for. can i use any sort of plants kn his tank? its s 20 long... also i wanted to use eco earth is this a good idea? is that good for plants? i have most of the basic care down i just dont have everything else down yet. i feed him mainly mealworms he used to live on crickets... he looks healthy and he poops in one corner which is nice... i want him to be happy and thrive is there anything else i can do? and any more plants or such? i like a natural look help!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The best bet is either to use air plants that you can take out every few weeks and soak, or else, get some nice little pots and put succulents in the enclosure. Then when it's time to water them (when they get dry) you can take the whole pot out and water them.
The enclosure looks pretty good. You don't really need lights, but they are OK to use. You can use eco earth. I use ceramic tile and it looks pretty good. Is the second picture the gecko? It's hard to see, but if so, it doesn't look like a leopard gecko. Can you take another picture of it (if it's not the gecko, what is it?)

Aliza

leopardgeckonewbie

The best bet is either to use air plants that you can take out every few weeks and soak, or else, get some nice little pots and put succulents in the enclosure. Then when it's time to water them (when they get dry) you can take the whole pot out and water them.
The enclosure looks pretty good. You don't really need lights, but they are OK to use. You can use eco earth. I use ceramic tile and it looks pretty good. Is the second picture the gecko? It's hard to see, but if so, it doesn't look like a leopard gecko. Can you take another picture of it (if it's not the gecko, what is it?)

Aliza
if you are talking about the yellow thing next to the air plant it is lucky bamboo not the gecko hahaha dont worry the gecko is hiding in his tiny little hut. i have three huts for him thought abt replacing his little one he has clearly outgrown but when i put it in he chooses that one over any others!!! should i leave it in or take it out

leopardgeckonewbie

Boy that gecko looks a lot better than what I thought I was seeing!

Aliza
haha yeah that was just some plant i was trying to keep in there. he looks healthy? his tail used to be fatter. so aquasoil is a good or nad idea? would the heat pad be anle to penetrate the aquasoil as well as it does with the matt?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have used coco fiber in a leopard gecko bioactive enclosure and it was fine. I just dug the hides down a bit so the heat would work. I don't know what's in aqua soil, so I can't comment on whether it's OK.

Aliza

Visit our friends