UK to Ban Import of All Live Animals

stevehiss

Just Kelli's Husband
This is a question mainly for our UK & other European brothers across the pond. I was at work today and heard a very disturbing item. My boss at work told me that the UK version of PETA has gotten the UK to ban the import of all live animals into the UK. This is a very recent occurance. Does anyone know if this is true? Can this be verified?

I was also told that the European version of PETA is now going to try and ban the import of all live animals into Germany! If this happens, this will be the end of the HAMM show.

If anyone can verify or discredit any of this information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any information and assistance. I hope that these "stories" are not true.

Steve Hammack

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
I hope this isn't true. We as a community need to stand together to defeat such things as this and the Python/Boa ban. Hopefully quite a few of us have a little political activist in us. I'm sure we have the numbers to make an impact.

stevehiss

Just Kelli's Husband
Nathan, I do not think that was what he meant. I did some internet digging myself and all I could come up with was information dealing with livestock. I have spoken with a couple of the bigger breeders here in the US and they said that they have not heard of such a thing. If anyone would know about it they would. So, hopefully it was all rumor.

Thanks for the replies.

dprince

Mod Squad Member
That would a huge travesty if it were true. I haven't heard anything about it, though - and I imagine there'd be quite an uproar if it were. Perhaps they are trying to introduce legislation about this? :main_huh:

Visit our friends