Unusual behavior - worried - please help

Hi -
I have a 1.5 year old male leopard gecko. I have not been able to find any help for this. On Saturday morning he suddenly started scratching/pawing at the ground. he does this for minutes on end (5-20 at a time). When he does, he uses any or all of his limbs and just stares into space. He is capable of walking, I've seen him do it before and after these events. He continues to do it.
He ate for the first time since March 1 this weekend, shortly after these events started. He has been drinking and pooping. He looks completely fine. He has a small nano UVB and a CHE, he's in a 25 gallon tank, and there's calcium without D3 in the tank. Before he refused to eat, he was getting multivitamins. He's eaten six calciworms between Saturday and yesterday.
I put a dig box of coconut fiber in there in case that's what he wanted. He seems mildly interested but the scratching persists. It looks really weird, it's all hours of the day, and sporadic. Any help? I contacted all vets in my area (I live on an island in Alaska). Nobody will help.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Can you take a video and post it? I have no idea. I imagine that none of the vets that you've contacted are reptile vets. I used to think that in this case a reptile vet could do a telehealth visit but my brother who is a (non-reptile) vet says that they really have to see the gecko "in person" to do anything, especially if they've never seen it before.

Aliza

Visit our friends