URGENT!

Tiera Allen

One and only one out of four fat tail leos is going anorexic on me! It's been three or more days since she's eaten, she just sleeps, she's lost weight and only drinks water occasionally.... She didn't even want to take off all her shedded skin I had to help her, she's so lethargic to the point where I can put her completely upside down with no struggle at all! I'm really worried about her... we calcium up everything they eat and drink we've changed the soils out and it stays warm in the tank I don't know what to do!

kayla.h

First, remove the lethargic gecko from the others. Put her in her own special tank and monitor her temps. Keep the environment as clean as possible. Use paper towels and clean out any excretes as they happen.

I would definitely take the animal to a vet. As soon as possible. Until you can get her there, try soaking her in a warm bath. Reptiles can take a little water in through their skin. Not like amphibians can, but a bit of water would be better than nothing. I would let the water be only as deep as her belly, and seeing as she is so lethargic, I would use a finger to gently hold her head up under her chin.

So sorry about your baby. :-(

kayla.h

... dang it lmao! That's what I get for trying to reply to stuff when I'm only partially functional in the brain department. :p

Visit our friends